Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Shot Up!

OK, a tad rocky start but day one is complete. I shot up!

With the Gonal F pen, which is what I use, you are supposed to prime the pen to make sure the pen is ready for use and see if the liquid comes out of the needle. I, of course in my haste, primed it but never took the cap off to see if the medication was coming out. I wasted a bit doing this but there is an extra 100 IU in each pen so I was ok.

I watched a video of the shooting up process here http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/serono/products/gonalf/pen/instructions.jsp and then rewatched it as I went along and did the injection. No problemo. Only suggestion is to get a dispository (red box) for the needles from the pharmacy. Mine are now in a Poland Springs Water Bottle. Not too sanitary.

Just for the uninformed, the Gonal F medication is supposed to make your body produce more than the one or two follicles that it normally produces during a cycle. It's supposed to be like a super cycle. That is why tomorrow my dose will gradually increase and on Tuesday, they can see via the sonogram how many are starting to grow and if the dose should be lowered or increased. Pretty much 450 then 225/225/225/225 is the baseline beginning.

More updates tomorrow in the AM after I shoot up.

No comments: