Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maybe this will help me feel better...

...I found this and someone on Craigs List also sent this to me.....


Estradiol (E2) Day 3 25-75 pg/ml Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

Estradiol (E2) Day 4-5 of meds 100+ pg/ml or 2x Day 3 There are no charts showing E2 levels during stimulation since there is a wide variation depending on how many follicles are being produced and their size. Most doctors will consider any increase in E2 a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3.

My Day 2/3 Estradiol Level with no meds was 41 in June. My 'number' this morning, if it is estradiol, was 185 and it is on meds. Therefore, that would be good.

What I learned today: 1) I will have to ask much more questions of the nurse next time. 2) I will always carry a pen and paper and my questions with me at all times when I am expecting the nurse to call.

No comments: